The Lumin APP now includes Tidal hi res music streaming (subscription required)
During the development of LUMIN A1, Lumin's focus was to create the absolute best source at any price. No expense was spared in its production.
With LUMIN D1, the aim was to try and retain all that award-winning musicality while compromising as little as possible in every other area.
Reducing the size of the casing and removing the HDMI output help reduce costs without losing music quality, and using an auto-ranging power supply offered the biggest savings for the least compromise.
Effortlessly plays everything from DSD through high-res PCM to mainstream formats FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3 and Internet radio streams.
Gapless Playback, On-Device Playlists and robust music buffering provide a superior playback experience, free from distractions.
Even at this price point, the highest-grade matching components are selected, including true balanced audio outputs.
A superbly natural, attractive and uniquely designed iPad app makes music browsing and selection a pleasure for everyone.
SPECIFICATION FOR ALL LUMIN MUSIC PLAYERS
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE FORMATS:
- DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
COMPRESSED (LOSSY) AUDIO:
- MP3, AAC (in M4A container)
SUPPORTED AUDIO SAMPLE RATES, BIT DEPTHS, NUMBER OF CHANNELS:
- PCM, 44.1kHz - 384kHz, 16 - 32bit, Stereo
- DSD, 2.8MHz, 1bit, Stereo
UPSAMPLING RATES & BIT DEPTHS:
- DSD upsampling option for all files up to 96kHz
SUPPORTED CONTROL DEVICES:
- All models of Apple iPad (v2 or later). iOS 5.0 or later required. Full Retina Display support.
- High-resolution artwork. Artwork caching. AirPlay compatibility. Multiple-tag handling. ‘Composer’ tag support. Find & Filter. Tag browsing.
- Ethernet Network 100Base-T
- USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, NTFS and EXT2/3 only)
- XLR balanced, 4Vrms, pin 2 Hot
- RCA unbalanced, 2Vrms
- PCM 44.1kHz-192kHz, 16-24bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1bit
- Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements
ANALOG OUTPUT STAGE:
- Wolfson WM8741 DAC chips, 1 chip per channel
- Fully balanced layout with high-quality components
- 240mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 2kg